CIAS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CIAS advocates for all artists in Cochrane and surrounding area. We are developing significant opportunities for artists to display and sell their art and operate educational programming in permanent galleries. We are planning performance venues for the presentation of theatre, dance and music to small and large audiences. We are collaborating with other community groups to grow Cochrane’s artistic community into a unique, highly regarded destination for both the local population and tourists.
Artist Collective Membership Requirements
- $120 annual fee (includes CIAS membership) and access to the private member zone on CIAS website.
- Minimum 2 shifts per month (shifts are 3-4hrs) or 1 shift plus equivalent hours related gallery volunteer time**
- 3 shifts on month when your art is on display**
- Shifts may be filled by another member who has met the Artist Collective requirements, but you must sign up for the minimum number of shifts each month and are responsible for filling them
- Art must pass jury criteria to be displayed
- Display fee $25 per month due 1st of month prior to art going on display plus 20% commission retention by CIAS*
- Completion of sales training session provided by CIAS within 2 months of registration
- Submission of Vulnerable Sector Check to the Gallery Director within 2 months of registration
- Submission of artist statement and biography (for use in promotional material, gallery displays, website, etc.) by the 1st of the month prior to art being displayed
** Number of shifts will vary with available display space and number of submitting members